[mythtv-users] PVR 350 TV Out Problems - Mandrake 2006

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Tue Nov 28 15:56:45 UTC 2006

I am at the last step in getting my upgrade to the latest Myth version
running.  I set things up on a previous release with the same hardware
using Mandrake 2005.  Now I can't get past the TV out!  The Xorg.cong file
I used previously from this Website does not work and seems to give
various "unresolved" errors when starting X.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MythTV/Installing

I also read on the Myth Wiki

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XV_on_PVR-350

that perhaps the new ivtv drivers don't work with the previous settings
that I may have used before.  After attempting to start X using this
approach, I received errors that no screens were present.  I know I have
the correct PCI slot setting and that I am using FB1 based on the tests
recommended above.

I suspect that my problem may be with the ivtv out driver and Mandrake.
Unfortunately I haven't come across solid info on how to manage the
install on Mandrake.

Can someone please help?
Thx!
Scott