[mythtv-users] I cannot get native licrc working with MythTV

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Nov 28 20:43:25 UTC 2006

> I'm using MythTV 0.20 and lirc 0.8.0 from source,
>
> I've configured mythtv as such:
>
> CPPFLAGS='-march=athlon64' CFLAGS='-march=athlon64' ./configure
> --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-lirc
>
> and receive the following (shortened):
> # Input Support
> Joystick menu    yes
> lirc support     yes
>
> I've set up the remote (iMon - came with Silverstone L16M case) and have
> it working - irw gives the correct key presses.
>
> I've setup a ~/.lircrc and linked ~/.mythtv/lircrc to that.  A couple of
> tests with irexec (eject's the DVD):
> begin
>     prog = irexec
>     button = Eject
>     config = /usr/bin/eject
>     repeat = 0
> end
> and irxevent (with mythfrontend as the screen, moves out one menu
> sequence as expected):
> begin
>     prog = irxevent
>     button = Esc
>     config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
> end
>
> Seems that the remote is working find.
>
> But, when I try this:
> begin
>     prog = mythtv
>     button = Esc
>     config = Esc
> end
> nothing happens.  I ran mythfrontend with full logging on, but saw
> nothing about lirc anywhere, but I didn't chew through the source to see
> if I should of.
>
> Am I missing something here?

I am successfully using the iMon remote that came with my LC16M case...let's
see what I can figure out.

Here's my mythfrontend --version output (I compiled from source a while
ago):
Library API version: 0.20.20060828-3
Source code version: 11166
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts
using_ivtv using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_ip_rec using_freebox using_live
using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_dvb using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr
using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend
using_backend

I used the lirc package from venky.ws (linked from Silverstone's LC16M page)

My /etc/lircd.conf is copied directly from that package's
remotes/imon/lircd.conf.imon-pad (I couldn't get a recording of any other
remote, or any lircd.conf downloaded from lirc.org to work with the imon VFD
hardware)

My ~mythtv/lircrc and ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc (no ~mythtv/.lircrc) is a
slightly modified version of Jarod's grey-Hauppage one (can't find link
right now...) but the Esc section looks just like your sample above.

I don't use irevent or irxexec at all.

I hope that's a little helpful?
Henry