[mythtv-users] Anybody interested in a ZoneMinder plugin?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Nov 28 21:08:51 UTC 2006

Glenn Chubak wrote:
> I think a plugin for zoneminder would be great.  I actually use "motion"
> myself and make my video feed available using its built in web server.
> motion provides an mjpeg stream.  I wrote a simple (I'm not a programmer by
> trade) plugin for mythfrontend that connects to that stream and displays it.
> Right now it is just hard coded for my camera but the code works.
>
> Not what you were looking for but one nice thing about this is that I can
> point it directly at my webcamera and it works just fine.  I like the
> flexibility of that.
>
> If the code is of interest to anyone let me know.
>
> Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Yep. I'd be interested in your code. The current version of the plugin
has a  limitation in that the live camera views only work if the
frontend and ZoneMinder are running on the same machine that is because
the plugin reads the images direct from the shared memory used by ZM.
Thats makes it very efficient because the images never have to touch the
hard drive or the network but running ZM on the frontend machine may not
be what everyone wants. ZM can stream images to a web browser in various
formats which sounds like that is what Motion does so I would be
interested to see how you did it.

Thanks Paul H.