[mythtv-users] Audio from SAA7134

Andrew Osborn aosborn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 23:36:23 UTC 2006

Mine was set to None so I changed it to 32000 and did live tv. That
sounded perfect. So I rebooted and doublechecked the setting would
stay (only way to set that is through mythtv-setup?) and the setting
was still there. I then started mythtv and did livetv and it sounded
staticy like it did before....not sure why. I can't get it to sound
good anymore. Switching the audio sample rate from 32000 to none and
back again doesn't help.

I played sound fine from the onboard sound card. I also installed
MythTV Filters on my Windows PC and if I play the recorded shows it
sounds the exact same as it does on the Myth box. So that means all my
recorded movies/shows are bad (I thought it was a playback issue), but
that isn't so bad. I can rerecord when I get this working.

Any other settings I can check?

Thanks a bunch!
Andy

On 11/26/06, Michael Lynch <lynchmv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/26/06, Andrew Osborn <aosborn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some more work I did on this.
> >
> > For the sound quality issue. I turned the master/pcm sound down to 75%
> > and that didn't seem to fix it. I now have to turn up my reciever even
> > more to hear it, and get the same amount of hiss at the new higher
> > level.
> >
> > It also is only from the audio tuner, not from my sound card. I
> > haven't tested it on a DVD (I don't think this box has a dvd
> > player...something to add later). But on recorded TV it does have the
> > hissing/static.
> >

> What is the audio sample rate of your recordings?  I have mine set to
> 32000 for this card and it sounds fine.  I think I had a similar issue
> when I first started setting up this card, but it's been a while so I
> can't say for sure.

Andy Osborn