[mythtv-users] Audio from SAA7134

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 00:09:47 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Andrew Osborn <aosborn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mine was set to None so I changed it to 32000 and did live tv. That
> sounded perfect. So I rebooted and doublechecked the setting would
> stay (only way to set that is through mythtv-setup?) and the setting
> was still there. I then started mythtv and did livetv and it sounded
> staticy like it did before....not sure why. I can't get it to sound
> good anymore. Switching the audio sample rate from 32000 to none and
> back again doesn't help.
>
> I played sound fine from the onboard sound card. I also installed
> MythTV Filters on my Windows PC and if I play the recorded shows it
> sounds the exact same as it does on the Myth box. So that means all my
> recorded movies/shows are bad (I thought it was a playback issue), but
> that isn't so bad. I can rerecord when I get this working.
>
> Any other settings I can check?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
> Andy

Just verify that the 32000 audio setting stays from within
mythtv-setup (these settings will stick if they're set while the
backend isn't running, then starting the backend after setting it) and
that your recording profiles (done from the frontend) are also set to
have audio at 32000.

Another is to make sure that your audio mixer doesn't have the sound
levels set too high.