[mythtv-users] Output to my HDTV

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Wed Nov 29 00:22:27 UTC 2006

I have MythTV 0.20 installed on my SuSE Linux 10.1 and now trying to get
the right modeline to work with my TV? I've been reading the guide at
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php and not been able to even get my
Mitsubishi WS55807 1080i 55 inch TV to work even at the boot manager,
let alone init 3 or 5. I have a nVidia FX500 using RGB output to the
Audio Authority 9A60
<http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=9A60> mentioned
in the doc that converts to Y, Pr, Pb. Should that work? My TV does not
have DVI, it has one DTV (used by the sat rec) and two component Y, Pr,
Pb inputs. Not sure the difference in those two types of input, both
take Y, Pr, Pb. As soon as the Grub boot menu comes up, it is all
swiggly and then my TV just goes blue screen after a few seconds. I have
been working the OS/software install via S-Video, which is very out of
focus, or VNC if possible. Am I going to have to setup Windows and use
PowerStrip? Or does that even help if I can't even get a screen at the
boot manager?

Thanks in advance, Robert