[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Nov 29 01:30:10 UTC 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 5:14 PM, devsk wrote:

> but why? it should be fairly easily be possible with mythtv. xawtv
> doesn't work for my card, but that's besides the point. I had
> problems with mythtv initially and I tried all programs present in
> gentoo portage for watching tv. None worked. mythtv finally worked
> with a trick that I got from pvrusb2 howto.

Sounds like you should ask the xawtv list why it's not working for you.

> why do I need two programs to basically do two things which are so
> related to one another: watch tv and record shows. livetv doesn't
> need to hang just because I ran out of space.

We've been trying to explain to you how to fix it so it doesn't run
out of disk space and cause you a problem. I'm sorry you only have
4GB free. You'll need to work within that limitation by reducing the
quality of your LiveTV recordings and/or telling mythtv to reserve
extra space on the system so it will expire LiveTV before it fills
your drive. The easy answer it to invest $30 and quintuple your
storage capabilities. I see a 20GB drive for $26.99 on Compgeeks.