[mythtv-users] Burning DVD with MythArchive

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:14:51 UTC 2006

On 11/25/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> John Drescher wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> >     If you could modify mythburn.py to _optionally_ use ProjectX to do
> >     the
> >     commercial cutting and demuxing I would be happy to apply it.
> >

> > I can do that if needed. The problem here is that some parts of the
> > myth code does not quite fit. With projectX I am not sure how to
> > handle multiple audio streams as my recordings only have one stream.
> >
> The multiple audio stuff is only partially implemented anyway. No one
> has shown much interest in it. If you have some code for me to take a
> look at I could probably rework it to work with the multiple audio
> channels.
>
> I seem to remember that the old mythburn scripts had to use the log file
> produced by projectX to find the correct audio stream to use. How are
> you doing this, is it done in python or are you calling external bash
> scripts?

I did the audio part in python and selected the first audio stream only.
However
currently the cutting I do as an external bash script. I have written a
script that I can run
in a batch to cut the commercials from a group of files at once. The script
rebuilds the seek
table for each file and updates that mythdatabase for the new size of the
file and also removes
the commercial cutlist from myth and renames the old file to .old. This way
I can watch the
cut shows in front end and then when I want eventually I can run mytharchive
on them and
burn them to dvd+rw.

John