[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:17:21 UTC 2006

> > you mean have two cards? one to view and one to record?
> >
> Oh come on. Your're not serious, are you?
>
> I have 6 capture cards in my two back-end systems. I can record or watch 6
> different programs all at the same time. I can record 5 while I watch the
> 6th
> live. I can record 6 while I watch any of the 2.5 terrabytes worth of
> stuff I've
> already recorded.

Well, speaking for myself,  I only have a single-tuner system right now, as
each tuner requires another STB and another IR blaster, meaning around $200
of equipment, and I already blew my wad on my initial system.  It's not
*that* surprising to encounter such systems, and to exclude them (or worse,
deride them) seems unnecessarily rude.

Frankly, the idea of having *6* seems like unbelievable overkill to me.  The
only reason I can see for such a system is bragging rights.  But, hey, it's
your choice and your money, so who am I to criticize?

Not that I think devsk is necessarily correct.  My point is simply that this
kind of elitism is hardly constructive.  There are many types of Myth users,
and I would *hope* the project makes an attempt to accomodate more than just
the power users with too much disposable income.

Brett.