[mythtv-users] Myth + Shuttle FE?

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:10:45 UTC 2006

On 11/29/06, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> Mark A. Hoover wrote:
> >> For example, the fans seem to be
> >> non-standard (you can't fit standard system fans into the available
> >> space, so when mine broke, I had to fork out UKP20 for a replacement).
> >> You can't substitute out the cooling system - the Shuttle heatpipe is
> >> the only system you can use.
> >>

> > Now that sucks.  Fortunately, I received this as a gift.  But it'll
> > definitely bite if I ever have to replace anything.
> >
> I think you'll find the fans are available, but you may have to go
> through an electronic parts retailer instead of a computer retailer.  I
> don't know what's available in the UK, but in the US I order such things
> online from Digi-Key or Mouser Electronics. They have fans in every
> conceivable size.

I have used a few Biostar IDEQ SFF kits and just love them.  I thought
the first one I setup was broken because it would start and the fan
would stop.  I checked all my setting and it did the same thing on
next boot.  While scratching my head I noticed the boot screen come
up.  It was so quite I thought it was off.

Here's a link to one similar to the last one I bought:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856115030

It's cheaper than Shuttle and the one I bought came with a CPU combo.

Jeff