[mythtv-users] an easy one: how to set the default input (encoder) for live tv

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 22:03:11 UTC 2006

Funnily enough, my first tuner IS the last one available. Because I
have set my recording priorities as follows:

Tuner 0 Priority 1  PVR500 #1 Tuner 1
Tuner 1 Priority 2  PVR500 #1 Tuner 2
Tuner 2 Priority 3  PVR500 #2 Tuner 1
Tuner 3 Priority 4  PVR500 #2 Tuner 2

Recordings work fine. Order is Tuner 3, Tuner 2, Tuner 1, Tuner 0.

Right now, when I switch on TV it defaults to Tuner 0 (Card #1, Tuner 1).
By switching on the settings you suggested I get... same thing.
Tuner 0 (Card #1, Tuner 1) IS the last Tuner available.

What I would like is to have live tV ALWAYS default to Tuner 2 or 3
(unless of course a recording is happening and then it will default to
an open one.)

Is this possible?
Thanks!