[mythtv-users] .20 and HD tearing

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Nov 30 13:07:54 UTC 2006

I have been running fine on .19 svn and decided to upgrade to .21 svn.
Since then I have a lot of tearing while watching HD shows and there is
a lot of movement. I did not have this problem before. I always watched
with deinterlace turned off because it looked the clearest and best on
my 52: Hitachi 1920x1080 tv. I only needed deinterlace when watching SD
shows, but I watched more HD so I just left it unchecked. Now since
upgrading the tearing is worse (did not have it at all before on HD,
just SD). I turned on deinterlace but the quality of the recording was
not as good as in .19 without deinterlace. Is there some setting I am
missing or have things changes alot with HD mpeg playback in the lastest
version?

- James