[mythtv-users] using a second BE to wakeup the main BE?

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 13:38:47 UTC 2006

On 11/30/06, Andrew Wilson <migmog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I played with nvram wakeup on my backend, but never got it working, so
> I took a different approach, much like what you want to do.I have a
> Maxtor Shared Storage on 24/7 which is doing the same job as your
> toshin.
>
> Below are my scripts which do it. They are not pretty or optimal in
> any way, and they contain bugs, but they do work for me. Maybe you
> could adapt them for your own purposes.

thank you for the help.
I think I need some time to (understand it and) adapt your scripts for me.
In between, I found also this page
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=WakeonLANConcierge
where there is a "sleeping master" and a "concierge" (a 24x7 box) that
wake up the Master.
The Concierge knows when invoke wake on lan with a script, "uploaded"
from the Master.