[mythtv-users] .20 and HD tearing

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 15:13:26 UTC 2006

On 11/30/06, James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
> I have been running fine on .19 svn and decided to upgrade to .21 svn.
> Since then I have a lot of tearing while watching HD shows and there is
> a lot of movement. I did not have this problem before. I always watched
> with deinterlace turned off because it looked the clearest and best on
> my 52: Hitachi 1920x1080 tv. I only needed deinterlace when watching SD
> shows, but I watched more HD so I just left it unchecked. Now since
> upgrading the tearing is worse (did not have it at all before on HD,
> just SD). I turned on deinterlace but the quality of the recording was
> not as good as in .19 without deinterlace. Is there some setting I am
> missing or have things changes alot with HD mpeg playback in the lastest
> version?

I dunno, but with .21SVN I have some slight tearing near the top of
the screen that I can't get rid of (tried 3 video cards) without
turning on Xvideo Vsync in nvidia-settings (which causes all sorts of
other problems, so the trade of is to leave it off and live with it).

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!