[mythtv-users] Loosely coupled slave FE/BE

White Joe joe.white at consultant.volvo.com
Thu Nov 30 16:24:31 UTC 2006

I am in the planning stages of putting together a second MythTV FE/BE to
go in the kitchen.  Its gonna be a Mini-ITX box attached to an LCD
monitor.  The plan is to make it portable so that we can easly take it
on vacations or down to the clubhouse to play recorded shows and DVDs
for the kids' sleepovers.  I will need to write some scripts that copy
designated vids to the slave, detach it from the network, bring a local
DB on line, register the tranferred vids and do anything else that
promotes it to master status.  I don't see any HOWTOs or many posts
refering to the idea of decoupling.  But before I got started, I wanted
to ask if its already been done.

Thanks,
jw