[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung tuners

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Thu Nov 30 16:31:59 UTC 2006

    Mike> This sounds like the problem I have too.  These jumbled video
    Mike> blocks throw the A/V sync off and really causes a problem
    Mike> watching recordings.  Every show I record I have to bookmark
    Mike> it past the jumbled area, exit the recording, and start it at
    Mike> the bookmark.  REALLY annoying.

Try this post:

    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/33034

It *sounds* unrelated, but there are two things of interest: (1) I was
using the default sizes which is 640x480 and so is scaled, (2) I noticed
the ivtv-vbi job taking "noticeable" CPU cycles last week which is
something I hadn't noticed in the past.  I didn't actually note how
much, simply that it kept showing up in top when I hadn't recalled that
in the past.

I've changed all my recording profiles to use 720x480 (NTSC), and during
a short session of watching LiveTV today, the problem did not show up.
The problem has always showed up withing a couple of minutes before, but
I watched for at least 10 without seeing it.

regards,

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD