[mythtv-users] Can a modeline effect audio/video sync?

Ed O'Brien ed3120 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 19:06:18 UTC 2006

My audio and video are almost always a split second out of sync.  I've tried just about every on/off combination of XVMC, realtime thread priority, extra audio buffering, etc but I always have issues.  I tweaked my HD modelines myself, and I was wondering if a slightly off modeline can affect audio sync?

I know that one of the modeline numbers determines the number of millions (I think) of pixels per second, and I assume that might have to be an exact match with (horizontal resolution + front porch and back porch) X (vertical resolution + front porch and back porch) X frames per second.

Is my logic anywhere near correct?  I don't want to spend hours tweaking and testing modelines if they cannot affect audio sync.