[mythtv-users] More XvMC data points

Leif Huhn leif at dkstat.com
Thu Nov 30 20:04:14 UTC 2006

Two ideas:

1. MythTV 0.20 has a bug where it renders a blank OSD with XvMC all
the time even when the OSD isn't up, and renders the OSD twice when
it's actually up.  This can push you over the ability to play
smoothly.  Either

A. upgrade to the latest SVN   OR
B. Download 0.20-fixes, apply SVN changeset 11327, and recompile

For me, I still have problems when the real OSD is up, but that's not
a huge deal.  At least it works for playing the program.

2. As for the spikes, I've also noticed that the X spikes seem to go
away if I renice X to a niceness of 1.  The spikes seem more likely to
happen while commercial flagging or transcoding, so you might want to
set those to only run while you're asleep or at work, etc.

Leif