[mythtv-users] mythfrontend 0.20 Protocol version mismatch (frontend=30, backend=31)

Rick ve1gn at nb.sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 1 01:02:35 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 03:29:55PM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>
>> David Pietromonaco <pietro at videoi.com> says:
>>
>>> The versions look like they match...?!?  Why dont't the protocols match?
>>> What am I missing?
>>>
>> I think there's a bug in the ATrpms 139 package. I stepped back down
>> to 138 after running into the exact same issue (and, of course,
>> also restarting mythfrontend).
>>

> No, there is not. There is a bug in some recommendations to use
> partial/selective upgrade methods though.

I think there is something else going on as well.  I did a yum update on
my backend and smart on two frontends, one after the other.  The backend
shows a protocol mismatch, one of the frontends wouldn't connect to the
backend because of a mismatch  and the other frontend worked fine.  I
removed mythtv from the first frontend and reinstalled, now works fine.
I just removed mythtv from the backend and am reinstalling, hopefully
that will work as well......Nope, didn't work  it is having the same
problem, a never ending series of "2006-09-30 21:53:33.303
MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 30 but we
speak 31!"
Here is what I'm running.
Backend FC5 used yum update
Frontends FC4 and FC3 used smart update then smart upgrade.

Anything else I can tell you that would help?

Rick