[mythtv-users] Mythtarchive slowing down

Luuk Oostenbrink Luuk.Oostenbrink at surfnet.nl
Sun Oct 1 09:53:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm a backend - frontend user of Mythtv and was very pleased when
Mytharchive was introduced. I use the ATrpms packages for FC5.
Archiving 1 or 2 programms to DVD is no problem, but archiving
more seems to be. Where it starts with 40-45 fps for the first
file it slows down to 2-3 fps before the fourth is reached.

I notice in the process table that after processing a file the
mythtranscode process stays resident in a defunct state. So at the
fourth file there are 3 mythtranscode processes present in defunct
state. Could this be the reason for the slowing down?

Cheers,
Luuk