[mythtv-users] Epia TV-out problem with a A/V receiver

Tim Coughlin tim at doze.net
Sun Oct 1 14:20:46 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,
I seem to be having a problem getting X up on the screen of the my TV. A
couple months ago, I picked up a Pioneer receiver and hooked my epia
m10000 based mythtv system through it. This worked nice and well at the
time because the frontend was on.

However, a week later, there were some thunderstorms that knocked out
power. I booted up the system and it posted and progressed through the
text portion till it reached the point where x should load. At that
point, the screen went blank. I could switch to a text console with
ctrl+alt+f1-6, but I couldn't get x to show up. I unplugged the s-video
cable going into the reciever and put it right into the TV and it worked
fine on reboot. I swapped the cables back and the system's been up
since. I assumed that it was how the display was being detected. I've
been looking for a fix or a way to force the display for the better part
of a month with no success. I'm running knoppmyth r5c7 which uses debian
unstable and xf86 for the x server.

Anyone have a thoughts about this (or maybe a google search term for
someone that's still something of a linux neophyte)?

Many Thanks,
Tim