[mythtv-users] Problem with mythwelcome

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 17:56:28 UTC 2006

Exactly. I figure your problems may be due to loss of focus in X input.
Dirk, you should choose a tiny windowmanager (NOT KDE or GNOME) and
have it start before
mythwelcome. Should fix it.

/Fredrik

On 10/1/06, Jason <fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com> wrote:
> you have to run a window manager otherwise nothing will pass keyboard
> events to mythwelcome. I suggest fluxbox, it's lightweight and hides
> itself well.
>
> Jason
> The place where you made your stand never mattered,
> only that you were there... and still on your feet
>

> Dirk Aust wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > when I start mythwelcome with xinit and irxevent it works and I can start the
> > frontend with the remote control and the keyboard as well, but when I quit
> > the frontend and the mythwelcome appears again, the status display works but
> > the application doesn't react on inputs neither from the remote nor from the
> > normal keyboard.
> >
> > Did anybody else already saw this problem?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Dirk

"Give up learning, and put an end to your troubles."

My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/