[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Problems with audio in 0.20?]

Lloyd phi at fusion.net.nz
Mon Oct 2 13:21:29 UTC 2006

Hi There

I recently upgraded my MythTV set up from 0.19 to 0.20 however I can no
longer get any audio on LiveTV or recordings.

I use a loop cable from the capture card to the "CD" input channel the
sound card.

When running watching TV there doesn't seem to be any audio coming down
the loop cable ( I've checked this by unmuting the cd channel in
alsamixer's playback view - thereby bypassing mythbackend altogether,
theres no sound at all. )

If I do the same in xawtv audio works fine. It seems like MythTV 0.20
isn't initialising the audio on the capture card, but I don't see how
this is possible?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lloyd