[mythtv-users] Moving Forward from Single Frontend/Backend to Multiple Frontends - Networking

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 01:50:23 UTC 2006

I use my IBM Thinkpad as a mobile frontend.

The Thinkpad is probably what's of interest to you.  I don't know what the
wireless cart is. I run Knoppix as a CD boot frontend and always just accept
the defaults.  The ThinkPad really belongs to work and runs Windows, so I've
never payed much attention to the hardware config.  It's a T42 1.8GhzPentium M.

Come to think of it, I have used my older 12" Apple PowerBook (876Mhz) as a
frontend as well from time to time, with good results as well.

The wireless reception seems to have little hiccups every now and then, but
for the most part it works fine for SD video, although I'd suggest you try
get a strong wireless signal.  I have too many variables to peg the hiccups
I've had to the wireless as the cause, but in general it works fine.

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com