[mythtv-users] myth2ipod install help

Walter Hofstetter walter.hofstetter at netwho.com
Tue Oct 3 12:28:25 UTC 2006

Chris,

I'm currently struggling as well with the myth2ipod script.
I took the source-rpm of ffmpeg from atrpms and recompiled ffmpeg to
assure the aac (codec) is enabled.

I found that I can convert mpeg2 videos to mp4 (ipod) when starting
ffmpeg mnually.
(In the meantime, Axel (atrpms) was very helpful and updated the ffmpeg
package on atrpms with the using the source).

I tried to nail down my problem when starting "nuvexport -debug".
(nuvexport is called form myth2ipod).
In the debug mode nuvexport provides a list commands executed, so you
just do the conversion step by step, using two shells.
In my case the error was caused by a SIGFPE (floating point error),
casued by ffmpeg.....

I'll investigate a bit further to check if this has to do with the fifos
created by nuvexport.

I'm not sure how to get a hold of people coding nuvexport, but I'll also
post this behavior on the ffmpeg-devel list, because on the end ffmgeg
falls over the FPE issue...

-Walter