[mythtv-users] mythfrontend 0.20 Protocol version mismatch (frontend=30, backend=31)

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Tue Oct 3 15:26:07 UTC 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 2:59 AM, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:

> On ma, 2006-10-02 at 13:56 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 10/02/06 12:50, Walter Hofstetter wrote:
>>> I'm running mythtv from the atrpm repo and struggled with the
>>> same befor.
>>> My frontend runs on a mac mini in my livingroom and it's always more
>>> complicated to get binaries for MAC with the right plug-ins...

I've had versions (release and nightly SVN's) for the PPC mac on my
site for months now, so getting a binary shouldn't be a problem on
the MAC.  If you have specific requests of SVN rev's or a specific "-
fixes" branch, let me know and I'll post it.

>> Or, we could just tell people to always run the same version of
>> Myth on
>> all their systems, and they could bug the packagers who don't
>> track the
>> SVN fixes branch, instead of "blaming" Myth for the problem.  ;)

If there is sufficient interest, I'd be glad to put weekly or more
frequent builds of the -fixes branch on thesniderpad.com for Mac as
well.  Just need to know that it is something folks want.