[mythtv-users] protocol version mismatch, what's the best solution?

Kelly Reed Schuerman krschuerman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:14:14 UTC 2006

I started out with myth 4 years ago compiling everything but have
since moved to binary packages, but this upgrade has brought me back
to compiling which I haven't done for some time so I have some
questions.

I am having the protocol version mismatch issue with FC5 atrpms binary
backend (protocol 31) and Ubuntu Dapper source build frontend
(protocol 30). I built from source on the frontend in hopes that it
would use protocol 31.

What is the best solution?

Build the FC5 backend from source to back it off to protocol 30? Will
there be any database version issues with this method? Is it possible
to load an older binary build for FC5 to back it off to protocol 30,
if so how do you specify that build with yum? Also, any database
issues?

Are there any binary packages for Ubuntu for protocol 31? Is there a
source package somewhere that will compile to protocol 31?

I am not familiar with SVN and unforunately haven't had the time to
sit down and figure out if building from SVN on both FC5 and Ubuntu
would be my best option.

Time is of the essence, my wife is going through withdrawal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sherm