[mythtv-users] 1080i HD without XvMC, how much horsepower?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 21:23:22 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2006, at 2:06 PM, Blammo wrote:
> > To answer the original question, without XvMC, in my experience using
> > bob, linear, or 1frame, you need:
> >
> > Athlon XP: >2200mhz
> > Athlon 64: >1800mhz
> > Intel (older) >2400mhz
> > intel (newer) >>2000mhz
>
> I'm confused. This is the second time I read about someone using bob
> and not using XvMC. I was under the impression that XvMC was required
> in order to use bob deinterlacing. Is that wrong?

XvMC can only use Bob or Onefield, but they can be used with or
without XvMC as basic deinterlacing. I mentioned previously, though
I'd be willing to do more tests if others think differently, I don't
think HD broadcasts benefit from anything more advanced than bob, such
as say kernel.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!