[mythtv-users] HD and SD TV on 1 backend

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 23:14:31 UTC 2006

Dave D wrote:
> Hi everyone.  maybe someone can help me with this issue.
>
> I've been monitoring the list for about a month now and can't seem to
> be content with a solution yet. I imagine this probably isn't the
> first time this was brought up, though...
>
> Is there a way to have 1 backend record both SD and HD TV?  I mean,
> it's technically possible since hardware supports viewing either
> (pcHDTV for example), however, when one sets up the backend
> (mythtv-setup), you can only specify 1 standard (eg ATSC or NTSC), but
> not both.
>
> You can already set up SD and HD channels at the same time off of
> zap2it.  Why can't we put the TV standard as a member of the card
> instead of limiting the backend to 1 standard no matter how many cards
> there are?  While we're at it, why can't mythtv have 1 card support
> multiple standards?
>
> Is there a way around it or am I missing something?
I don't quite understand what you are asking.
I have a 3000 (HD) and a PVR250 (SD) in one backend that records both.
The 3000 is hooked up to an antenna and the 250 to cable.
Do you mean having 1 card record HD and SD?

Oh.. you might mean the setup specifying NTSC or ATSC? Yeah, that's
confusing. Don't know why that's there.

--
brad fuller
  www.bradfuller.com