[mythtv-users] SVN update problem?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 4 02:06:49 UTC 2006

On 10/03/06 19:42, A JM wrote:

> I've got be inthe corect directory, it's the directory above /mythtv???
>
> Trying to upgrade to a particular release gives the following.
>
> [mythtv at myth ~]$ svn co -r 11414
> http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythtv
> svn: 'mythtv' is already a working copy for a different URL

Please re-read Bolek's post more carefully.  Here's the most important
part, again:

Bolek wrote:

>You need to be in
>the directory that was created by the initial 'svn co', not in the
>directory where you run this 'svn co'.

So, when you did an "svn co", it created a directory in the current
directory called mythtv.  Then, you should:

cd mythtv
svn up

Or, from the directory from which you did the "svn co":

svn up mythtv

Or, my personal favorite (because it prevents getting non-compatible
versions of mythtv and mythplugins):

svn up mythtv mythplugins myththemes

But, since I like to keep around a file that tells me what SVN rev I
have, when I updated, and what files were changed, I actually do:

( echo Last Updated: `date` |
  tee mythtv-update.log &&
   exit $PIPESTATUS ) &&
svn update mythtv mythplugins myththemes 2>&1 |
  tee -a mythtv-update.log

Mike