[mythtv-users] Bttv card - audio problems

Mat Kyne matkyne at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 03:47:12 UTC 2006

I found an old Hauppauge WinTV GO FM tv card at the Goodwill computer store
for $5, and I could not pass it up. I Tested it in my Windows Box and it
worked fine. I am building a myth-box for my sister-in-law from a computer
that I got at Thrift Town for $10. (Working Dell Optiplex Gx110 - 256 Meg,
933 MHz, no Hdd) So I decided that I would use this card in her computer.

I Loaded up a fresh install of the latest KnoppMyth CD, and it detected
everything just fine. However When I try to record TV, there is no sound. I
hooked up the patch cable from the line out of the tv card to the line in of
the sound card, but no dice. I could care less about using or not using a
patch cable, as I only plan to use 1 tuner in this box.

So I need some help. I don't even know where to start. These cards have been
around for ever, so if someone could walk me through the steps or point me
in the right direction, I would be greatful. -Mat