[mythtv-users] backend crash - how to diagnose?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 15:50:04 UTC 2006

On 04/10/06, Chris Rouch <chris.rouch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Two nights ago mythbackend crashed (for the first time I can
> remember). There was nothing in the log file to indicate anything
> unusual, and it has not happend again since. Is there some way to
> switch on additional logging so that if it happens again I can file a
> proper bug report?

# mythbackend -v help

will list all available logging options for the backend - using the
'all' option will produce a lot of output but may help if the problem
happens again in the near future. Remember to monitor your logfile
sizes as they can fill up quickly.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/