[mythtv-users] GeForce 6150, SPDIF, digital passthru - Success!

Kevin Mori kmori.nospam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:27:56 UTC 2006

I have the Asus M2NPV-VM.  Main problems I had were getting normal analog
audio out.  I could always get SPDIF ok.  I had to upgrade alsa to 1.0.12
and disable all the passthrough settings in Myth.

I seem to get really good cpu usage (~10%) for 1080i HDTV without XvMC.
Seems like if I used XvMC I would use 60% of one 3800+ X2 core and have
prebuffer pauses.  Seems pretty stable now other than the Myth segfaults
I'm getting.

Anyone else seeing segfaults on a regular basis?  I am seeing them now
while just watching some prerecorded 1080i MPEG4 recordings for a few
minutes.

Another thing I would like to see if anyone has working is lm_sensors on
the  M2NPV-VM.  I have the latest lm_sensors and used the newest stable
kernel and it still doesn't work.  I can run sensors-detect but when
running sensors with the loaded modules it doesn't see the sensors.