[mythtv-users] Transcode & nuvexport error. Help still needed, obviously not a version thin

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 18:34:16 UTC 2006

>>Right, the powers that be (transcode devs) have informed me that -e should
>>be set for sample rate, bits, and channels. in otherwords, 48000,16,2 for
>>the mythtv recordings (please, correct me if they should be anything other
>>than 48,000 sample rate) and this is the likely cause of the error.

For the first time in 2 months i'm actually making progress. Not only that,
but i've actually got the thing working! well, kinda... either way i can now
transcode vids. but a little more help could still be used...

The -e paramaters *were* the only problem, and setting them manually in the
nuvexport debug code works fine.

So, firstly, anyone know what's setting the input audio paramaters for
nuvexport? I've had suggestions that it could be mad, ffmpeg, mythtv, and
various other things. The best thing i can think of to avoid having to type
out loads of code myself every time i wanna transcode something is this:

Is it possible to change

.' -e '.join(',', $episode->{'finfo'}{'audio_sample_rate'},
$episode->{'finfo'}{'audio_bits_per_sample'},
$episode->{'finfo'}{'audio_channels'}) ;

from the nuvexport code, to something like:

.' -e '.join(',', 48000,16,2) ;

? from what i can see, setting the stuff manually in the actual code would
be the easiest way to go about things, as i've got a feeling the audio
paramaters don't change much with mythtv recordings.

Other than that... if anyone's ever run the nuvexport commands (from debug)
manually before for multipass encoding - am i right in running "rm -rf
directory, mkdir directory, first fork code, open seperate browser, second
fork code" then waiting for both to end, then running exactly the same thing
again (including remove directory first) with the only difference in the
actual code being the second fork code stuff that references
/tmp/xvid.number file thing?

Thanks,

Christopher