[mythtv-users] Volume control no longer working in Myth 0.20

Gordon Ross lists at gordonross.org.uk
Wed Oct 4 20:24:57 UTC 2006

I've just upgraded from Myth 0.19 to Myth 0.20. My backend is on a
separate box to my frontend.

Everything seems to work well (certainly better than in 0.19) except for
one small problem: Volume control.

The audio output is always at full volume. When I press the "[" & "]"
keys to adjust the volume, the OSD shows the volume level changing, but
there is no corresponding change in output volume.

At first I thought this was due to the PC I was running the frontend on
(it was a new PC that I hadn't used Myth on before) but when I dug out
an old Myth frontend box, that had exactly the same problem once Myth
0.20 was installed.

Volume control worked fine in Myth 0.19.

What can I do to troubleshoot or fix this problem ?

Thanks,

GTG