No subject

Mon Oct 2 07:03:28 UTC 2006

the 1800+ being enough.  You didn't mention any specific video card,
but you are discussing XvMC.  If your card is an FX5200 or newer, then
that all changes.  I can drive 1080i (with Bob-deint) on a 2200, at
about 70% using an MX440.

PiP:  Currently (there is some work being done IIRC) XvMC cannot do
PiP.  I don't know that a whole lot of people have had success (or
even tried) to do something like running mplayer/vlc/xine in a second
window to give the appearance of PiP, but given your system specs, I
don't think it could handle it.  My understanding is that XvMC uses
the Xv implemenation as well to display, if that is true, I don't see
how you could have 2 seperate video streams using that same Xv
display, but it may be possible.

IMHO PiP is a wasted feature on a good majority of MythTV (or any
decent DVR actually) users.  PiP is, IMHO, for those who don't have
the ability to record a show that is on at the same time as another.
With a DVR you can actually record both shows (or record one watch one
if Tuners are sparse) and give them your full attention, even if that
means ffwd through most of it ;)

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com