[mythtv-users] IRW responds to remote, but not MythFrontend

White Joe joe.white at consultant.volvo.com
Thu Oct 5 14:19:55 UTC 2006

My 0.19 box was compromised last week.  I had dropped the firewall for a
moment's expediency, and forgotten to reactivate it.  So, I wiped the
drive and installed 0.20 (FE/BE) on a clean system.  Everything is back
up and working, except for the remote's connection to Myth.  If I run
IRW, then all of the button presses on the remote are displayed.  If I
run Myth and press a button on the remote, there is no apparent
response.  I see nothing relevant in the FE log.

The lircd.conf and .lircrc files are the ones I have been runing for the
last two years.

Thoughts?
Joe White
"Every once in while, a person will do something obvious and direct that
is no more than it appears to be. I think they do it to throw you off."
- SKZ Brust