[mythtv-users] Xbox frontend - what features do I need

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Thu Oct 5 16:06:17 UTC 2006

David Whyte wrote:
> I have done two Xboxes now and both are running great.
[stuff snipped]
> All in all, the Xboxes have been great frontends and I will probably
> do a couple more now I have all of the kit to do it quickly.
>
> HTH's
> Whytey

I've gotten mine set up and working (mostly), but I stopped using it
because it was sooooooo slooooooow. Changing from one menu option to
another is glacial.

I know part of the issue is running Linux, X, and mythfrontend on a 64M
machine.

Any pointers to speeding things up short of adding more RAM?

-Pete