[mythtv-users] Mysql server

Chris Moewes-Bystrom chris.moewes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 18:09:58 UTC 2006

I currently have my mythtv box as well as a seperate fileserver at
home. My file server also has mysql running on it for some
applications I use at home. So this begs the question, if I already
have a mysql server running on an different box, does it benefit me to
move the mythtv database off my mythtv box and onto the other box.
Based on the assumption that anything less the mythtv box has to do,
the more time it can spend doing what it does best?

Also, is it possible to set up myth to do things like transcodeing or
commflagging on a different box? If so, what do i need to have running
on that box?

--
Christopher Moewes-Bystrom
www.moewes.com