[mythtv-users] howto switch video player back to mplayer fro internal player?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 21:32:37 UTC 2006

On 10/5/06, Skurk <skurk at cox.net> wrote:
> >>... I'll just use mplayer as before
> >>instead of the internal player, but I can't find it in the setup.

<SNIP>

> > ... go into Video Setup and type in your mplayer launch line
> >in place of "Internal")

<SNIP>

> That's what I thought as well. I have mplayer including all the right
> parameters setup on the launch line - still it uses the internal player.

I have the exact same problem -- I edited the string for the default
video player back to mplayer (+cmdline opts), I edited the individual
filetype players back from "Internal" to "mplayer (+cmdline opts), but
still it attempts to use the internal player.  I checked the "use
default player" box for "avi" filetype after I'd set the default
player to mplayer. Then I rebooted the box just for good measure.
Still, mythvideo is trying to use the internal player.

-Ross