[mythtv-users] Reasoning...help....

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Oct 6 03:46:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 18:05 -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> Commercial skip is the single feature that made me ditch my Tivo
> forever. Not until after I got my system up and running did I do the
> super-cool stuff like getting everyone's machine in the house set up
> as a frontend thereby removing televisions from every room but the
> living room. automatically copy tv shows over to my iPod without
> touching a single button, playing arcade games with MAME, upgrading
> my system when I was ready to make the LCD display/HDTV plunge. The
> cost is the only reason not to go with Myth. It's not cheap to build
> a system. It's not meant to be. It's meant to be a fully functional
> home-entertainment/media center. A one-stop shop for TV (SD, HD),
> movies (videos, DVDs, internet streams), music (CDs, mp3's, internet
> streams), games (MAME), photos, weather, news, and yes.. even
> NetFlix! That's what it's become for me.

Heh - for me it was about the "no" factor...

	No more software licenses
	No more fighting vendors for support
	No more videotapes
	No more CDs
	No more DVDs
	No more "when is that show on?"
	No more "which remote control do I use?"
	No more commercials
	No more limits.

	I love my MythTV.

(And THAT should be a commercial...)