[mythtv-users] [ivtv-users] Scrambled signal

Nathan Allworth dittobox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 04:29:44 UTC 2006

John Pierce wrote:
> On 10/5/06, John Pierce <john.j35 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, I made sure it is on composite1, when I start to watch live tv I
>> have a black screen, if I change the channel on the DirecTV STB I see
>> the channel banners such as 244 SciFi from the DirecTV STB but I do
>> not have a picture.
>
> Update:  I went to live tv and opened the card access panel and pushed
> the reset button, the STB rebooted and after the system setup it
> brought back the picture.  Thanks for all of your inputs, I appreciate
> it.
>
> John

Just a pointer: if your PVR card and your DirecTV box both have svideo,
I'd recommend you use. It will give you slightly better picture quality,
since svideo separates the chrominance and luminance into two seperate
channels. RCA/Composite cables carry it over two wires, instead of four.
  You'll get less bleed.

__
Nathan