[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase - odd bug - will not insert datafor a new channel

Dawson, Guy Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com
Fri Oct 6 07:49:03 UTC 2006

> On 10/05/06 14:20, A JM wrote:
>
> >Since the subject is on mythfilldatabase is there a way to disallow
> >channel updates? I didn't see that as an option when I ran
> >mythfilldatabase --help.
> >

> If you mean you're a satellite user and TMS keeps adding new
> channels (to which you're not subscribed) to your lineup,
> yes.  Just add "--remove-new-channels" to your
> mythfilldatabase args setting.

Looking at the source (SVN Trunk), the --updating flag seems to stop
MFDB from inserting new channels.  I think it's name derives from
'update the schedule for the channels I already have'.

The --remove-new-channels has a similar effect when using the DataDirect
grabber.

Guy Dawson

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony’s global policies and standards