[mythtv-users] Mythtarchive slowing down

Luuk Oostenbrink Luuk.Oostenbrink at surfnet.nl
Fri Oct 6 08:37:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Paul Harrison wrote:
> > Archiving 1 or 2 programms to DVD is no problem, but archiving
> > more seems to be. Where it starts with 40-45 fps for the first
> > file it slows down to 2-3 fps before the fourth is reached.

> Defunct processes don't use any cpu time and all resources should be
> released so I don't think they are the problem. Try running top while
> creating a DVD to see whats taking all the cpu time and to see if the
> memory and/or swap space required is increasing. Maybe there's a memory
> leak somewhere that is consuming all the resources.

I noticed the cpu-speed and load average were decreasing during the
slowing down. After a while I realized this must have something to do
with the speedstep technology. I guess the laptop gets to hot and
the cpu-speed is lowered because of it. Time to move all this to
my desktop.

Thanks for your answer and suggestions,
--
Luuk