[mythtv-users] How to fix. SuSE 30/31 issue? Built from source

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Fri Oct 6 13:24:40 UTC 2006

On Fri Oct 06, 2006 at 09:02:02AM -0400, list at onnow.net wrote:

> Not sure how to fix this one.  I know there have been a ton of posts
> on the protocal 30 vs 31 thing, but I can seem to resolve it yet.
>
> I have an FC5 backend, FC5 frontend with the latest ( proto 31 ) rpms.
>   These work great.  I have installed the latest packman MythTV rpms
> from pacman, and ( yesterday ) compiled from the source packages from
> mythtv.org
> I am still getting the protocol 30 on the SuSE frontend ( backend
> speaks 31 etc )
> I made SURE that on SuSE that all mythrpms ( libmyth too ) were all
> removed and I am using the new compiled mythfrontend.
>
> I dont get it, how can the newest tar balls be version 30?

Because the latest tarballs are for the latest release version, which
was 0.20 and used protocol 30.  You need to use the 0.20-fixes branch
from SVN in order to get protocol 31.

> Unless anyone knows where to get more recent SuSE rpms?
>
> Thoughts on how to fix/diagnose this?

Get the latest source from SVN (as detailed at
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/) or wait for the packman RPMs to be updated.

HTH,
        Robin
--