[mythtv-users] Database problem?

list at onnow.net list at onnow.net
Fri Oct 6 14:26:19 UTC 2006

You should leave the mythtv username and passwd as they were.
The mysql database is called mythconverg

Your system is not able to make a mysql connection is what all that
erroring is telling you.

Remove mythTV from the troubleshooting.....

on the command line do these things:
ps -ef |grep mysql ( you should see mysql running )

Then type this  ( exactly as shown )
mysql mythconverg -u mythtv -pmythtv

You should get a mysql> prompt.  Then you know you are able to connect
to mysql.

Post any errors and you will get help here.

Mark