[mythtv-users] Missing audio channel in live TV/recording

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Fri Oct 6 19:20:45 UTC 2006

I have Myth frontends running on four systems. The first one I installed works
flawlessly. The three I installed a week later all are missing the left audio
channel when playing live tv or a recording. Playing music, or mpegs is just
fine with both audio channels.

For a test I used the Hauppauge media mvp, and it also is missing the left
audio on live tv/recordings. Since this is totally different code from the
normal frontend, I think the problem might be on the backend.

OTOH, my laptop gets both audio channels from the same backend.

Since the problem exists on different hardware platforms and using the 'real'
myth frontend and the software from the media mvp, it seems the problem is on
the backend.

If anybody has an idea what I could try to find out what is going on, please
let me know.

All systems are running FC5 and got Myth from the AT repository rpms.

Cheers,
Remco

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)