[mythtv-users] MythArchive theme idea

Simon Dyson sdyson at themaelstrom.co.uk
Sat Oct 7 17:08:47 UTC 2006

MythArchive comes with 2 MythCenter themes, one with a main menu and one
without. I have since created myself another couple of MythCenter themes
that have different combinations of Intro/Main Menu/Details Page/Chapter
Menu.

This got me thinking. Wouldn't it be better if instead of having a
different version of a theme for different scenarios there was just one
theme and the user could choose through the GUI whether or not they
wanted the Intro/Main Menu/Details Page/Chapter Menu. The GUI already
displays a preview of each of the four items when selecting the theme so
there could just a be a checkbox under each to turn them on/off. This
would make themes more flexible and reduce duplication between themes
that currently share backgrounds/intro movies etc.

Anyone think this would be good?

Simon