[mythtv-users] 0.20 schema upgrade failed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 7 20:59:18 UTC 2006

On 10/07/06 16:23, Peter Bienstman wrote:

>I upgraded from 0.19 to 0.20 (Actually the Gentoo 0.20_p11444 version), but
>when I start mythfrontend, I get this:

>Database error was:
>Table 'mythconverg.recordedprogram' doesn't exist

Let me guess.  You did a partial restore of the database (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 ) after the upgrade
rather than a full restore (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5 )?

If that's not the case, you may have exported a corrupt database whose
recordedprogram table couldn't be opened (and, therefore, wasn't
exported).  Fortunately, recordedprogram isn't critical data (it's
automatically regenerated).

After a bit more information on what constitutes "the upgrade," I can
give you more info on possible approaches for getting a working database.

Mike