[mythtv-users] Poor picture quality on mythtv but great on tvtime

Fernando Serto fernando.serto at memetrics.com
Sun Oct 8 02:43:52 UTC 2006

Hi, I have an avermedia tuner, and I'm currently using both inputs of
it:
- DVBInput: Free to Air TV
- S-Video: Foxtel (cable in AU)

I have no problems with the DVBInput, and everything works as expected.

My problem is with the quality of foxtel through MythTV. I have also
installed tvtime on the box, and quality through tvtime is just amazing,
but as soon as I tune into the foxtel channel on 'Live TV', the quality
is really dodgy, sound is also dodgy, aspect ratio is wrong, etc.

I created another item on the mainmenu.xml file, which starts tvtime at
fullscreen, with all my settings, and that's fine to watch cable tv, but
I also want to record stuff from it.

Another reason why I'm using tvtime is to get rid of the delay when I
press any buttons on the remote as it takes ~3 seconds for things to
happen on the screen, and that can be very annoying.

Do you have any ideas on what I could do to get a decent picture quality
on mythtv (using S-Video), as clearly, my problem is not on cables, or
hardware, or even drivers...

Cheers,
Fernando